Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone decided to steal my old one a while back, so I built me a new one today, all I need is a boat winch, some primer and paint and it’ll be done. It’s 2 pieces, swivels and is 10’ from pulley to the ground. I won’t use very often, but will be handy on my outta town hunts/draw hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Good grief, never seen one that tall! You have a foot to put on the bottom to the ground?

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good grief, never seen one that tall! You have a foot to put on the bottom to the ground?

Unless you like bending over, (some on here may) it really needs to be this tall.

As far as foot goes, I’m thinking it’ll be ok without it for <200# deer/hogs, any more than that it may be a good idea. We’ll see how it does, it’ll be easy to modify if any changes are needed.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
It looks good. Heck yeah its gotta be that tall. Ol delta and a short little fella. Hes got a little sasquatch in him

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Nice....I may have to build one now that I have a welder!!! Especially ifin I get back to KY without a cleaning station! It rotates, is it in 2 pieces??? Text some closer pics!

Reactions: delta dooler

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I have to build a wooden one for my new barn. It's on my to do list.

That's a great setup for traveling.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Praedator
10,009 Posts
I have one of the pre-built setups that you buy and it is too short! It gets it off the ground, but still has you bending over! Works in a pinch. But I much prefer to bring them to the house where I have a setup tall enough to not bend over!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I have one of the pre-built setups that you buy and it is too short! It gets it off the ground, but still has you bending over! Works in a pinch. But I much prefer to bring them to the house where I have a setup tall enough to not bend over!
That is surprising, considering the small deer you kill and your height.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Don't waste time and money on a winch just get a 2 or 3 fold block and tackle with nylon line. put a cleat on pole to tie line off.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't waste time and money on a winch just get a 2 or 3 fold block and tackle with nylon line. put a cleat on pole to tie line off.

You’re right, make it lighter too.... but I’ve already ordered one.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice....I may have to build one now that I have a welder!!! Especially ifin I get back to KY without a cleaning station! It rotates, is it in 2 pieces??? Text some closer pics!

I put a coat of primer on it this am, I’ll get some pics later.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have another idea that I’m going to incorporate in to my deer hanger....

Here in Mississippi, it’s legal to use a ATV to recover game on WMA’s, with that being said, I always bring a ATV with me, I usually just put in into bed of truck and strap it down, but I’m always fearful of straps breaking/theft.

I’m going to try and build something like a “Louisiana guard dog” with the lower half of skinning rack so I can leave it on receiver and so that it can be used multi purposely. (To secure/lock ATV in back of truck).

Probably just gave up a patent that will make someone a mill.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts