Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took about 6 hours of underwater vidieo I took this summer from the Oriskany, YDT's Pete Tide, Russian Freightor, Morrison Springs, Avocet, Born Again, and rubble pile, and edited down to the best clips into a 10 minute video. Lotsa a fish to be seen in the video, and a few other cool things.

Its only a $185 underwater camera I got, and the resolution is pour, and plus youtube further degrades it, but it still has some decent footage, and kick ass music if nothing else. Some local celebreties are in it, Brandy, Scuba-Sarge, my wife CoCoochie and kids Mike and Megan, sons girlfriend Olive D, Rocklobster and DKdiver, FelixH, Hates Cheese, and GrouperNinja.

Whenh you open it up, pause to let it load up, and click on the second button from the right below the video screen to reduce the screen and make the quality better and reduce some of the pixelation. Like I said, sorry for the quality, but H2OArmond has a high end underwater video rig, and we plan on slayin some fish this winter with good footage.

And before you ask, why you see my gun line up on tons of fish, but never see me make a shot, I just line up on em for fun, cuz there short, and I never got one video of any fish I shot with the helmet cam, cuz when I really want to shoot a fish, I got a habit of never looking directly at it so as not to spook it, so I have NEVER got video of ME shooting one.:doh But knot-a-yatch said hell come and man the camera for a couple dives.

Nuff said, heres the stinkin video.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I dont like it. Even with that little camera it makes me look bald. I KNOW I HAVE MORE HAIR THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff Clay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
glad you were able to retrieve your data.....nice video,as well as music. Can't wait to see your next video.Steel shaft thru a 60 lb cobia,AJ or grouper.

·
Registered
390 Posts
awesome!! makes me mad at myself for not going more. needs to lay down out there so i can before it gets to cold. i'm kinda a puss about cold. again nice video clay.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you guys enjoyed it. Thought especially the fishermen who don't dive might like seeing some of the wrecks you fish on all the time, but never get to see whats down there.

Also, I believe that video should dispell the "divers scare away the fish" myth. More action down there brings more fish. You can see in some clips where I stick my hands out and wiggle my fingers at the fish, and it draws em right in close.

Also, was on a wreck I think last weekend, that we had dove twice, and were gettin ready to leave, and Bluewater2 pulled up. We had only seen a few decent sized AJ's both dives, but the end of the second dive after Brandy popped a black snapper, 2 35# or so AJ's swam in to check out the commotion! They were out of my range, I headed over and they swam off before I could get close enough.:doh But I told Bluewater about them, and exactly were they were, and what kind of fish we saw and were the bait schools were holding.

Divers ain't bad!:toast

·
Registered
69 Posts
great job, Clay!! You will need to come back to destin soon! Glad to have gone out with you, brandy and armando!!

Thanks!

Jay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looked cool too me! I hope to dive with Felix in '08, and maybe I'll get a chance to dive with you. I might end up up on the HighLight Reel.:mmmbeer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice Job Clay

The video was great its just you tube down grade but I love the music great Job Dude are you ready for next weekend 5 divers I will not be spearfishing only video-ing time to get those AJ I'm ready for you guys Agian Great job on the video.

Don't forget to SAVE Next time

P.S. Brandy No Help on hair Sorry

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice video and editing! I'm expecting some really good fish from you this summer!

Sidenote: I am a 20 year diver and while diver's aren't bad, the fishdo getspooked and don't bite nearly as much as they would if diver's were not around. It's not like they see a diver and head for next wreck miles away. They stay put- they're just wary and tend not to feed.

Snapper and grouper are particularly wary when one of them causes a ruckus, whether it's on a hook or on a spear. Dolphin (Mahi) are the opposite, seems they like to come up and help a buddy in distress.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts