Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the new boat in a couple days ago. She rides great, I am very impressed with all the details Ranger puts into their boats...they've literally thought of everything.

I had a couple hours before my afternoon trip yesterday to "Christen" the boat...found a willing 25" red to baptize the new ride! Caught it on the flats in about 2 feet on the new aqua dream spoon (gold 3/8 oz).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great looking boat Captain. I know you will love the quality and handling of it. I have a 2003 Ranger Bay 2300 and it has beena real pleasure to own.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Capt. Blake Nelson (4/1/2010)Thanks guys!!!

K-Bill (4/1/2010)sharp-lookin' ride, blake! what were you on to be able to get those pics??
I took the pictures on a shallow flat...I'm standing on a sandbar in about ankle deep water.
i got ya. was half-way expecting to hear wes got a newrig too!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jimmyjams4110 (4/1/2010)Even has a swim platform! DANG! It's officially Crab Island Capable.
Ha! I was thinking about my kid climbing back in the boat after swimming...you're thinking about bikini babes climbing in at Crab Island!!! I love your thinking, Jimmy!!! And I'm planning on scheduling my trips around the party in June so I can atleast come out for a couple hours.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K-Bill (4/1/2010)

K-Bill (4/1/2010)sharp-lookin' ride, blake! what were you on to be able to get those pics??
I took the pictures on a shallow flat...I'm standing on a sandbar in about ankle deep water.
He actually is getting the same exact boat (with the exception of color) in a couple weeks...it's being built right now. He's getting a Yamaha 250 2-stroke HPDI put on and we're going to rig it out for tournament fishing.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Capt. Blake Nelson (4/1/2010)
K-Bill (4/1/2010)

He actually is getting the same exact boat (with the exception of color) in a couple weeks...it's being built right now. He's getting a Yamaha 250 2-stroke HPDI put on and we're going to rig it out for tournament fishing.
that's awesome man. nik was telling me about that. said he talked to your brother the other night at the complex. i emailed him your pics from here too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got a new Ranger myself (173 Ghost). I to, am inpressed with the way Ranger puts a boat together. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy the Ghost. Plan to be on it tomorrow after work at the ole Half Hitch. See ya on the water.

·
Super Moderator
29,282 Posts
Good looking sled! I hope she does well fer ya in the up-coming years!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KNOT RITE (4/3/2010)Just got a new Ranger myself (173 Ghost). I to, am inpressed with the way Ranger puts a boat together. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy the Ghost. Plan to be on it tomorrow after work at the ole Half Hitch. See ya on the water.
I've heard good things about the Ghost...everyone I've spoken with that owns one loves it. I've been out every day that I've had the Ranger so far and I keep findingmore things I love about it. For the past two days I've fished the flats and the boatgets in some pretty skinny water! I keep thinking we're going to get stuck and we just keep plugging along.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts