Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having Eddie English build me a new trailer. What is everyone's opinion on going with a single axle or tandem axle? I have a 96 Neptune Sunbird 200 CC. From what I can find the stock boat weighs about 2200 lbs.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I know it is overkill for your boat but much better off with four tires if one blows. On the downside double axle is more difficult to maneuver if pushing by hand without the boat.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree with the tandem set up as mentioned. Personally, I'd go with a good rated single axle set up. Get brand new trailer tires and ride. Go ahead and get one of those hub/wheel spare things. That will keep you rolling and save money on the tandem set up.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Trailer

Eddie English will build what you need if you give him all of the info. If the boat is on an old trailer, then go to a scale and get it weighed. If not then add up everything not just the boat. If it's an outboard then you need to add the engine, fuel, any equipment, and the weight of the trailer for gross weight. Eddie will then tell you what you need. If you get brakes, then be sure that they are stainless disc, or they will be useless in no time even if you flush them. Again as others have said, go single axle if possible, and be sure that the trailer is long enough so that your tow vehicle tires are not in the water when you launch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts