Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess my homecoming will be short lived. I got my release date today. I will officially be released from this project in Galveston on Dec. 15. So a short vacation home for christmas, maybe some super cold fishing. Then the big decisions

1. Saltlake City, Utah for 5 years

2. Port Author, Texas for 3 years

3. Franklin, Texas for 3 years

4. Houston, Texas for 2 more years

5. Baton Rouge, Lousiana for 5 years

What the hell. Leaning heavily towards the Saltlake job or the Franklin Teaxas job. Franklin is REALLY KUNTRY, but has great bass fishing and hunting and the land is fairly cheap. Being an offshore guy my whole life Bass fishing sounds kinda relaxing. I have never been hunting so that sounds fun too.

Saltlake City......Well, my better half loves to snowboard and go hiking, and she loves Park City so maybe I make a sacrifice for her and learn to catch rainbow trout and wrap custom fly rods.

Hell i don't know what to do????????????????:banghead

·
Registered
913 Posts
Glory, how is the rodbuilding going have not seen anything from you in a while? I bass fished from the time I was able to walk until high school it is fun but gets boring after a while. Show us some pics of your newest project when you get a chance. :letsdrink

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
For PEACE of mind, it looks like Salt Lake City to me. And Fly fishing is fun. Could be much worse places that you'd have to choose from.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
With your attitude I think you will be happy wherever you land. Baton Rouge is in Sportsman's Paradise and not too far from prime offshore waters. There's plenty of hunting and freshwater fishing too if you want to try as well.However, if Mamma ain't happy, nobody's happy, so Utah might be the best all round choice.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I found her a 3500 sq ft. house in the mountains up there. Hot tub,the whole kit and kaboodle.Since she always stays in P-cola while I travel I thought maybe I could set her up in a nice mountain cabin for a few years, she could take some on-line college classes, do some snow boarding and enjoy herself for a while. Maybe even teach this old surfer how to carve up the mountain too.:letsdrink

·
Registered
328 Posts
BATON ROUGE ! GREAT FOOD, PRETTY COLLEGE GIRLS, CLOSE TO VENICE, LSU FOOTBALL MAN YOU GOT AN ASSIGNMENT TO HEAVEN!:bowdown

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
He did say he was married.

Glory you will have to look at it as alittle time off away from offshore and make the best of it. Remember there is a season for everything. Enjoy the change and spend some time with your wife, it will payoff in the end.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well my father in law was stationed at Hill ,AFB outside Salt Lake and I went there as much as I could the hiking in the mountains was great and there are deer everywhere up there, if I could live there for a few years I would do it in a heart beat, we rode the bobsled with an olympic driver at park city my father in law knew, it was unreal 87 mph less the one minute ride and it was awesome,southern utah is cool too, red rock was awesome, good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts