Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 reels up for sale...

302 was taken out of the box and customized..house of color paint-pum-crosswind-aluminum power knob-ht 100 washers....350.00

706z ..gold spool house of color paint works like new...first 300.00

pm if interested so i get notification very busy this month and havent spent much time on here

also will take offers on the wifes purple 402 has all the same goodies as the copper 302

Attachments

·
JacKin'JawsWithVanStaal
113 Posts
i would have to agree with the post above, broxons has custom 302 with the same goodies, that have been duracoated for 150-180. for 100-150 more you can get a van staal, or something like that. None the less, the reels look really nice. good work.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks salt life...kid ..duracoat has limited color options ..if you want solid non mettalic or pearl colors then my reels arent for you...also if you can find a van staal for 300 get it ....but to me the performance of a van staal and 302 with good internals is the same ...ive stood shoulder to shoulder with guys that use van staals and watched the lose fish as i was catching mine...so the comparison between the 2 doenst bother me at all...i have bottom fished with mine without a hicup...also im sure rick has a few but i dont think the ones at broxsons are brand new with the box and all original parts and paperwork

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cajun creationz.....Man those are some great looking reels! I used to be in the paint business and i know about those tri-coat pearls! Not easy to do, but man yours looks great ! good job!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks...its nice to know that someone recognizes that its not some rattle can solid squirt and go paint job...its all house of kolor ...high end pearls...check out some of my other stuff...also on facebook as cajun creationz

·
Registered
179 Posts
O yea, no rattle can will do that ! yea im familiar with the house of kolor prducts, used to sell PPG and HOK . Alot goes into those 3 stage jobs, and i will check your stuff out for sure man. Again great job on the paint work, ive got a few Mitchell's that i am looking to restore, just going to do a base coat/ clear coat black. But ill let ya knowhow it turns out, great work man!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Reels

thanks salt life...kid ..duracoat has limited color options ..if you want solid non mettalic or pearl colors then my reels arent for you...also if you can find a van staal for 300 get it ....but to me the performance of a van staal and 302 with good internals is the same ...ive stood shoulder to shoulder with guys that use van staals and watched the lose fish as i was catching mine...so the comparison between the 2 doenst bother me at all...i have bottom fished with mine without a hicup...also im sure rick has a few but i dont think the ones at broxsons are brand new with the box and all original parts and paperwork
Let's be careful about talking about someone elses product, I would appreciate that. Just to clarify that my 302s at Broxons don't have the paperwork and boxes. I would like to chime in and state that I have 2 reels there that are all new parts and then some! (ceramic bearings, my carbon drag washers, shims, instant anti-reverse if requested). Two of the duracoated reels I built and have at Broxon's do have pearl and metal flake. I would also like to state that any color duracoat you want can be custom mixed just like paint. I can also do any design or template with duracoat. The only limits are the customers imagination.

Rick C.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nobody was saying anything bad about you or your work...matter of fact i recomend everyone i talk to about duracoat to you instead of doing it myself...also i said i didnt think they were new with boxes...i know you have had something new there before...also we can have a discussion all day long about colors but fact of the matter has the most extensive list of wild colors anywhere hands down...and the people who want my stuff like the tri coat pearls...anyone that uses these reel on a regular basis can no doubt take the apart and put a decent paint job or powder coating job or duracoat......i personally like the kandy and pearl colors and have experience spraying them in the auto world ...i try to stay away or send the people who dont want that your way

·
Registered
151 Posts
No problem, I appreciate the reply and the referrrals, good luck on the sale of your reels. I know you do good work also.

Rick C.

·
JacKin'JawsWithVanStaal
113 Posts
Cajun, in no way was i bashing your product. Like I stated in my post, very nice work, good looking reels. goodluck with your sale.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Great work! How does that paint hold up?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
have a few personal reels i havd fished with for about a year and no problems ...there just like a car paint job ...the clear i use does have uv protection in it...i hose them off let them dry the wipe the water spots off with a microfiber towel...i did take one in the surf just to give them a stress tesr and it work and looks great still

1 - 20 of 25 Posts