Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Damn! I'm on that too. if I can find it!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Just completely renewed my 2-axle trailer, wish I could coat the entire trailer, wheels etc, never have to worry about corrosion again.
Also, would work great under the cowling.

Jimmy

·
Registered
169 Posts
After reading all of the reviews on homedepot.com, I think this product is going to have durability and longevity issues. Sounds like anything you apply it to that is actually touched will start to wear off pretty quickly. it dries to a milky / hazy white and has a tendency to turn anything black to blue. some people said it leaves a sticky residue. everyone basically said it leaves a rough texture, one person compared it to 220 grit sand paper. Supposedly the instructions specifically state it is not to be used on cell phones or electronics. Definitely a no go on any glass. I also read it does not work good on very smooth non porous surfaces Someday this product will be amazing, once they can get it to dry clear and last longer. I still may try it out on my paddle.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I actually bought some and use it on my paddle. It works great and only downfall if any is it does makes the paddle turn a milky white. It is starting to peel away on one corner though as I have used it to push off the sand a few times. No drips from my paddle now!

·
Registered
312 Posts
That looks pretty cool. Is it rough to touch when it dries? Also, does it seem to give you better performance from your paddle?

·
Registered
716 Posts
It is rough to touch. No idea about performance but the water literally pools off the paddle so I no longer get drips all over me and in the boat. Will come in handy this winter if I am still on the water.

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks pretty cool. Is it rough to touch when it dries? Also, does it seem to give you better performance from your paddle?
it wont give you better performance because the displacement is still the same. it just makes the water bead off before you bring the blade up and keeps water from dripping down the handle, keeping your hands pretty dry. kinda like a teflon coating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts