Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some land and would like to show a local guy how to hunt hogs? I have all my own gear and know how to hunt and shoot well. Never seen a hog though.

Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
im in the same position man. im gonna try escambia river management land. ive heard if you take a boat to get to spots you can find them pretty easy. i know any spots you can drive to are so over hunted that it aint worth the trouble. i got me a little boat just for that reason. if you want to give it a shot your more than welcome to go with me.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Same position here... I have a 14' Tri-hull that I have been thinking of taking back into Eglin and beaching up on a river/creek bank to get in there good and deep. Never actually went before, but the thought of killing my own bacon is making me itch with the opportunity!! LOL

·
Banned
260 Posts
Had a 2 day 2 night all inclusive hog hunt up for bids last night at the Seasons of Hope banquet great place and every thing paid for. stayed below a working mans price.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Same position here... I have a 14' Tri-hull that I have been thinking of taking back into Eglin and beaching up on a river/creek bank to get in there good and deep. Never actually went before, but the thought of killing my own bacon is making me itch with the opportunity!! LOL
i want fresh bacon too! i have a 16 tri hull its old but runs like a sewing machine and floats so its a perfect hunting boat for me. i think id rather shoot some hogs than deer. i have pet potbellied pig ill have to hide while i skin them out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i want fresh bacon too! i have a 16 tri hull its old but runs like a sewing machine and floats so its a perfect hunting boat for me. i think id rather shoot some hogs than deer. i have pet potbellied pig ill have to hide while i skin them out.

MMMM Bacon.. lol I eat what I kill, so deer or pig it doesn't matter to me. But I would love to get in somewhere take me home some nice ham. lol:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
We newbies all have the same dilema...where,how and what to hunt. My home is Arizona, where most of the state is public land, sometimes hard to gain access because of private land holders having narrow strips of land where a road might cut through to access "my" public ground, and they can legally deny access unless you want to walk in. This is a bone of contention to most Arizona hunters, private land holders blocking access to public land which they lease to let thier cattle eat down to the rocks, desicrating our public land, yet not allowing sportsman access on existing roads to get to our land. Lots of locks get cut off gates and lots of public meetings that get veery heated between private land ranchers and hunters.
Throughout the years, Ive always maintained I'd quit hunting before I'd pay a dime to do it....well, it looks like as long as I stay in Florida, I won't be hunting much, unless I take time to learn about what little public land there is here, is about.
We "out of towners" should plan a group newbie hog hunt sometime....birds of a feather, flock together as it were:)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds good to me, I have lived here for over 18 years now. It's just all my family did their hunting up north either on family owned land or through family leased property. We were the "Sitter" hunters, where you just sit in a shooting house with some friends 50 yards from a feeder... Now I am unable to hold up my end of the family bargain, I will have to actually hunt stalk/tracking etc. So I would love to tag along and see what we can muster up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I saw 6 this morning along 85 a little after leaving Crestivew on my way to Eglin. They were the perfect size for roasting! This was the first time seeing any along the road and I have been driving it for the last 3 years.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I saw 6 this morning along 85 a little after leaving Crestivew on my way to Eglin. They were the perfect size for roasting! This was the first time seeing any along the road and I have been driving it for the last 3 years.
There was one hit early this yr down at Hwy 85/ 123 junction. I drive it every morning at 0400, and always keep my eyes open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts