Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone out there does this kind of welding? I have small crack in foot of

outboard motor. I am not losing oil from inside foot so don't think that crack is complete thru

I thiink it is composed of aluminum. If you know of anyone that is experienced in this, I would

appreciate it you would reply.

Thanks,

Bp

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Depends on where it is. A picture would help. Tim (Breeze Fabricators) would be my suggestion if it can even be done.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Most of the time the crack is caused by the carrier bearing retainer nut in the very aft side of the housing. It is caused by a mineral deposit that builds up thru electrolysis. The machined nut is a little different alloy than the housing. You can weld it up and slow the cracks return. It is normally behind the large o-ring seal at the front of the carrier bearing assy. That is why you get no leak from the lower unit fluid. It should be pressure checked to 20 lbs. after the repair. Call us if we can help. Tim @ 554 6172/ 934 8609:usaflag

Edited for spell check. I'm not that smart!!!:banghead

·
Registered
775 Posts
i 2cd breeze fab!

im up there just about every day now and watch their work..and its amazing! tim and his boys know wat there doin up there!!

·
Super Moderator
28,495 Posts
Stinson brothers have/had a welding shop on Cervantes...I think it was Brownsville Welding.....They welded a fin that I dragged off driving it down the road:banghead they did a fantastic job......

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I?ve used the Prop Shop for prop repairs and they were great. Choppedliver is a good welder. Usually posting in the flounder gigging section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts