Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we're retiring to Pensacola in the fall and could really use some info on where the good neighborhoods are. Anything I searched on the internet is outdated.
the real estate agents can't tell you by law, that's what they tell me and I realize everybody has an opinion, I would like to hear from forum people anyway. thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Without anyone's opinion, the last time I moved. I searched crime numbers and education levels. Crime numbers will go by area (map) but education is by zip code. The price range and traffic may be additional factors. My best suggestion would be to rent for the first year before deciding because you will learn a great deal during that time.

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
we're retiring to Pensacola in the fall and could really use some info on where the good neighborhoods are. Anything I searched on the internet is outdated.
the real estate agents can't tell you by law, that's what they tell me and I realize everybody has an opinion, I would like to hear from forum people anyway. thanks
You had me with "need your opinion" (you've come to the right place for OPINIONS...) have over 15 under my belt in RE around here. Call me.

https://www.pensacolahousehunter.com/about-me

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I would seriously look in to Baldwin county. Still close enough to Pensacola but with better schools, lower property taxes and in my OPINION just a nicer area....on second thought,never mind, it’s horrible over here. Better stay away

Reactions: MrFish and John B.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I am so sorry for you, lots better places to retire, I could never live there, Good Luck
Wow - I like Pensacola; it's not that bad. Good amenities, available healthcare, lowish crime (as compared to similar cities), decent wxr ('cept odd hurricane), reasonable taxes, jobs, airport, beaches, good fishing, nice folks, very reasonable housing prices - what's not to like?

I've been all over the country and Europe, and I'd say Pens is great for a retirement location. I took an AF assignment in '97 to retire here after having visited Eglin in '89. I grew up in South Florida - you can keep that mess....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts