Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my boys down over fall break, Oct 6-13. I've got a couple perceptions (swifty an caster angler). Took them to Panama City this summer. First time fishing the ocean in them. Super Fun, I'll never go without them again. I'm looking for specks, redfish, flounder, whatever bites will be just fine. Had luck in P.C.B. around St. Andrews St. Park an the bay all the charters pull out of. Any Advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
593 Posts
If your on 182 heading west go past 59 ( the road Waterville USA is on ) a couple mile there will be a small parking lot on the right just before a small bridge, you can park there and drag the yaks to the water on the sound side and should have no problem catching speckled trout or redfish and maybe a flounder or two. It's called west pass. I'd use a jig head and a gulp shrimp and if you have a castnet I've done well with the mullet there. Hope this helps, good luck and don't forget to let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'd fish the mouths of rivers personally this time of year for specks... Gulp shrimp on id say a 1/4 oz jighead bounced off the bottom will grab ya a few if u find em, and never underestimate the mirrodine, great choice lure to catch all three species. normally wouldnt recommend the mirrodine for flounder but a hungry 19 incher ate mine last week, so definately a go to for me. Oh, and if your fishing prior to sunrise on a smooth day, id suggest a super spook jr-caught plenty of reds and specks on that one too. Good luck to you and your boys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts