Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on specks around Perdido? I can’t find any grass and the inshore reefs I tried this morning yielded nothing. Please help a brother out!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't fish that area, but I would think they have started up the creeks and rivers by now with these cold fronts. I would try the creek channel ledges and mouths depending on time of day and current.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't fish that area, but I would think they have started up the creeks and rivers by now with these cold fronts. I would try the creek channel ledges and mouths depending on time of day and current.
Thanks brother, anchored up just in the mouth of soldiers creek and haven’t gotten a bite yet. I can kill a turkey in the Wal Mart parking lot but can’t catch a speck to save my life!

·
VIP of the PFF
8,463 Posts
Rivers ,creeks, bayous, anywhere with deeper warmer waters. On warmer days they may venture out ,but this time of year they won't get to far from these warm water sanctuaries. Slow down your retrieve on your lures. If you're fishing curly tailed grubs , keep them near the bottom and reel them in just fast enough to get a little action from the tail. Any color grub is fine as long as it is root beer. On warmer days try some suspending jerk baits. This works for me...hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Rivers ,creeks, bayous, anywhere with deeper warmer waters. On warmer days they may venture out ,but this time of year they won't get to far from these warm water sanctuaries. Slow down your retrieve on your lures. If you're fishing curly tailed grubs , keep them near the bottom and reel them in just fast enough to get a little action from the tail. Any color grub is fine as long as it is root beer. On warmer days try some suspending jerk baits. This works for me...hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direction.
Russ typed this as he was eating trout he caught like yesterday in the Perdido, because he has so many trout he can't eat them all in a day. Heed his words. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I never found any specks once I left the dock but did wind up catching just enough to eat under the light. I guess that's why I love bream fishing, just toss a wiggler or cricket near some brush and wait lol!

·
VIP of the PFF
8,463 Posts
Thanks SurfRidr & Boat-Dude ! Stack on me....don't give up....just look for warmer deeper water out of the main body of the bay. There are still places to catch them in the bay...but those places can be hard to find and are usually kept as top secret information by the finder. Good luck & I hope that you find them stacked up somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts