Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace about 14' of fuel line on my Pathfinder and looking for suggestions on best place to purchase it.
Your input is appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This place has the thick wall spec that the Coast Guard requires on boats. I think they are open to 11:30 today. The thick wall fuel line is around $3.50 a foot if I remember right. Good customer service and competitive prices. There are other place in town that carry this product.

https://www.rubberandspecialties.com/

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I value your opinion XShark, but tell us why ?

(my limited knowledge says gasoline is gasoline)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

The main reason is the sun dries it out but I’m running the high pressure fuel injection line on my personal boat and it’s been on there three years and no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,747 Posts

It's not the right stuff and it does not last.

In a car....and fumes can leak....They dissipate to the ground and are whisked away with a cool breeze.....On a boat...They accumulate in the bilge....No breeze there to wisk them away.....Thats why on inboard boats there is a bilge blower to suck the fumes Out.

For under the deck to the tank and to the Racor fuel filter you want the A1 which the Shields 368 is. For above deck and thru the Rigging tube on outboards I use the Blue fuel line you can get at Harbor View Marine.

It's a little smaller in diameter than the A1 stuff.

But back to the automotive fuel line. It really is Junk. I will not use it on a automobile.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,974 Posts
At last check, the box auto parts stores don't carry/never heard of ethanol resistant fuel line.
And sunlight exposure will shorten the usable life of the hoses.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the explanation X Shark, that really helps.
Thanks everyone for the input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts