Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an enclosed skinnin' shed made of wood. It always has an unusually high number of spiders all in it.....I mean a lot.....hundreds ofm.....everywhere.......Anyone have any ideas of a solution to get rid ofm or keep them out????........I have sprayed bug poison a few times but it doesnt affect them for very long

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Maybe do a control burn in that forest behind if that's a option or at the very least do some clearing there. Nice looking place for a skinning shed.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I wonder if you use one of them bug bombs every other day for a week to kill whatever egss hatch and the live ones would work? Double the dose use 2 at a time. As long as there is no food inside and you wash the cleaning area/table down when done.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
BURN THAT BASTARD DOWN!!!

For real burn it. Nothing worse in this world then a single spider so..........hundreds..... Burn it!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Im in Pace.....all the spiders are in Vredenburgh, Ala
I will mix up my pump up sprayer and you can try it before you buy it. It works good for me. It's pet safe and it also food safe. Meaning its used in kitchens. It just has to dry and it's good to go. Just let me know. I HATE spiders.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Spiders

I have read that spider preditors (mites)will kill them .and continue to kill them .look in back of mother earth news,i would use torch to burn them up (fun) just dont burn more than you want.good luck maxfold

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually do that from time to time.....they just come back..........here is the link to the best fire startin, spider burnin, grill startin helper ever invented... uses a 1lb lantern bottle

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If you actually used that skinning shed more often, ya know to skin stuff, them spiders would see that ugly mug of yours and head to the next county :whistling: just kidding

on a serious note, I have been told spiders are self cleaning and dont respond to posions very well

·
Banned
3,081 Posts
Tap

Few poisons affect spiders or scorpions. First try a bug bomb, set it off, this will attach to all webs and maybe the spiders, then use a product made by TAP, I got mine at ACE and it kills spiders and scorpions and is long lasting. Good luck

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,177 Posts
I use Spectracide, "Triazicide Insect Killer", active ingredient: Gamma-Cyhalothrin. It's the "Over and Done" concentrate.
Of course I add more than it says too per gallon of water, but this stuff KILLS pretty much everything. Kills ants in seconds, even those hard to kill Black ants, ticks, mosquitoes, and pretty much anything that can crawl, walk or fly. Kills above and Below ground bugs, worms or whatever, including Spiders. Also has a residual killing action for up to 2 months.
And Wally World carries it.

BUT, if you do not want the Pesticides and possible food contamination from it's use, I suggest you use "Diatomaceous Earth". This will kill them ALL and keep them away, and it's non-toxic to people or pets. Just dust the spiders webs dust around the doors and window sills or other entry points. Gauranteed to Kill them.
Hall's Hardware sells the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for $10.49 for a 4.5# bag, or a 50# bag for about $50 bucks. It also kills bed bugs and fleas.
Google it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bengal

I would spray with Bengal. I use it around exterior doors in my home. No roach will survive after crawling acoss it. Last for a couple of months. I have found dead lizards that crossed it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts