Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,039 Posts
Now I know you are off on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, right?

We went to the I-10 Bridge Rubble to the west and had our limit of Reds and Black Snapper in 45 minutes. What we did was go past the rubble and anchor up at least 200 feet past the last spot of rubble showing on the bottom machine. With the west wind and the current our chum brought the fish out of the concrete rubble and up to the surface almost immediately. We didn't keep any Red Snapper less than 10 lbs. and caught our limit of 3 to 6 lb. Black Snapper. We probably caught 30 Snapper total.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
x2 on the Carolina Rig. I just use cut bait. A friend of mine who owned a large charter boat used cut bait and his customers did well with snapper. The advice to get an expert is a good one. Also, talk to folks at a local tackle shop.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now I know you are off on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, right?

We went to the I-10 Bridge Rubble to the west and had our limit of Reds and Black Snapper in 45 minutes. What we did was go past the rubble and anchor up at least 200 feet past the last spot of rubble showing on the bottom machine. With the west wind and the current our chum brought the fish out of the concrete rubble and up to the surface almost immediately. We didn't keep any Red Snapper less than 10 lbs. and caught our limit of 3 to 6 lb. Black Snapper. We probably caught 30 Snapper total.
Yes sir i am off those 3 days. I really appreciate the report, I am taking the boat out this sunday. Its funny i was planning on the I10 bridge rubble this time, but then was thinking Soule Barge instead. Now i know were to go for sure! haha. Man you killed those Snapper! Good job, you didnt leave much for me huh, lol. :no:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
x2 on the Carolina Rig. I just use cut bait. A friend of mine who owned a large charter boat used cut bait and his customers did well with snapper. The advice to get an expert is a good one. Also, talk to folks at a local tackle shop.
ahh good advice ill change up to the carolina rigs for sure then.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
get to your spot an make your chum at least 6 poles with 2 baits on each. Usually that will get them fired off. We fish spots and use 2 hook rigs and limit out on red snaps quickly. If they won't give it up or are high up in the water we use the old perdido rig. I like to just pass thru a 1-8 ounce or so egg sinker depending on current, then straight to the hook. No leader no swivel. I double wrap the hook eye with the main line then tie the knot. It works everytime.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts