Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,
I fish St. Andrew Bay and it has been stained and dirty. Can anyone pass along some tips and tactics for fishing for reds and specs in this kind of water?

Would prefer to fish artificials but I can fish live bait, easy access to choffers and shrimp. Havent seen much bait in the bay to net.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Howdy folks,
I fish St. Andrew Bay and it has been stained and dirty. Can anyone pass along some tips and tactics for fishing for reds and specs in this kind of water?

Would prefer to fish artificials but I can fish live bait, easy access to choffers and shrimp. Havent seen much bait in the bay to net.
top water or a spinner bait type...something that throws off sound and vibration..scent wouldnt hurt either

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. There is lot of floating and suspended grass here so bare hooks are tough. Even weedless spoons pick up suspended grass. Top waters are ok if I can find a place without grass. Not too many like that right now.

A guide told me to try a lightly weighted hook rigged weedless with a paddle tail and rip it across the surface so I might give that a go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts