Not for making Dope, we need it for REEF RANGERS program we are going put some different things in jars when we go to the schools for the kids to check out. If anyone knows of a different preservant please let me know.
What your looking for is formaldehyde or formalin but this stuff is toxic and hazardous. I'm not sure if you can purchase this stuff as a private individual. Being toxic I'msureitsnot safe enoughto have kids handle.
Alternative, find the most concentratedbottle of rubbing alcohol. This should work well enough for a classroom setting. I'm not sure about long term preservation though. Try it first and let us know with some pics.
Use formalin ..... it's a solution of formaldehyde with stabilizers and preserves better than alcohol which dries the specimen. Go to local hospital and they'll provide it. It's the standard tissue preservative.