Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on doing some fishing this weekend with my boys 4,6 and 8. I want to put them on fish, so i was thinking fishing the bridge for white trout, reds... I was also thinking if the weather allows i would troll the beach for spanish. Has any one seen any schools of bonita? That would also be fun for the kids.

ANY HELP would be really appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do they know the fundamentals of fishing yet? As far as casting, baiting their own hooks and reeling them in correctly? If not I would just stick them on catching bait. I got a two year old son and a five year old daughter and they love going on bait duty. It's just really all about how exciting you can make fishing for them. So as long as your excited they are catching something they'll never want to stop.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The kids are pretty good on the basics of fishing, they can cast, bait a shrimp, set a hook. Each of them have had a pole in their hand about as soon as they could walk....blessing and a curse if you know what i mean.

If the fishing is good, i will take them to it. What is good? Spanish bite?Are the bonito schooling up off the beach? Are the reds still moving in and out of the pass? How is thebite ate the bridges?

Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Trout bite is HOT inshore & Redfish are schooling as well, mostly under the slot size but some 18"-27" fish are being caught inshore on the grass flats, and in/out the pass.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I found schooling mackerel two weeks ago in the ICW between the Theo Baars Bridge and the pass. I was throwing a 1/2 oz. spoon at busting fish I found under birds.1 fish brought to the boat and 3 more hooked. The fish were in small schools and did not stay up very long. I had hook ups throwing the spoon at areas where I saw fish even after they went down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts