Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROBERT TURPIN CALLED ME THIS MORNING ABOUT THE NEW PERMIT CONDITIONS WE NEED REVIEWED AND SENT BACK TO THEM BY FRIDAY THE 12TH. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE EMAIL FISH AND WILDLIFE AND THE ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS IMMEDIATELY.

WE ARE GOING TO HOLD AN EMERGENCY MEETING THIS THURSDAY AT THE RFRA BUILDING WITH THE MARINE ADVISORY COMMITTEE SO PLEASE ATTEND ALSO IF YOU CAN.

THANKS CAPT. PAUL REDMAN

Attachments

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Paul,

I looked thru the permit, but I haven't read the previous permitting guidelines,the guidleines look pretty cumbersome, or should I say nearly impossible,for the avarage "Joe"; what are the changes from the previous permit?

Also, what if anything is different about this permit from other areas in Fl.?

I will try to make the meeting and represent the interests of SRC MAC, please post the time.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If passed, the new rules could prevent the future use of ships, bridge rubble, and a lot of other traditional reef materials.

The whole things smells fishy to me - Pun intended - Somebody has an agenda

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
WOW! who made these people mad? that is about the most anti-reef document i have read.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
and the 500#'s. and a bunch of forms to fill out.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Clay-Doh (1/8/2008)Is it the 1/2 inch thick steel that is the big change?

From 1/8 inch to 1/2 inch, that's a healthy jump.

Lots of folks aren't going to be able to get 1/2 inch. That and it's just heavy shit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not to mention the requirement for inspecting the reef every year and submitting the info to the Corp and FWC. WTF!!! Also have a third party on board to monitor EACH deployment and verify compliance???!!! I'm with ya Scott, who pissed these guys off???

WayneO

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
This couldbe used by the enviros to stop future ship deployments- very little of the Oriskany is that thick.

I fearthat the environmentalists have infiltrated the ACOE, DEP, and lord knows where else.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How about no reef deployments Nov- April beause ofthe possibility of a right whale. What ever the hell that is. When does the left whale come in?

I wouldn't be surprised if they said no powered vessel one mile of beach March - May because of Migratory Cobia.

·
Registered
206 Posts
wow that whole thing is pretty ridiculous, someone must have s**t in their pancakes. I will definitely attend. I can't even believe I just read that!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I copied this contact information off of the FWC website, gives you a email and phone number to call, hope this helps.<P class=Body>For more information on Florida?s Artificial Reef Program, please contact:<P class=Body>Jon Dodrill, Environmental Administrator
Division of Marine Fisheries Management - Artificial Reef Program
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
620 South Meridian Street, Box 4B2
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1600
web: http://myfwc.com/marine/ar/index.asp
phone: (850) 922-4340 x207
fax: (850) 922-0463
email: [email protected]

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
They gotta be out of their minds with what there asking. Supervised deployments? What are Robert and Brad going to go on every trip and if so will we need an appointment to deploy? The 500lb. minimum is a joke to. I had a hell of a time with with one on the back at #290 and one on the front at #185 plus three other guys on board to shove them off. I'll be there Paul:hoppingmad

1 - 20 of 51 Posts