Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading down to Destin one day this week to fish and wanted some advice? Wanted to catch some sheepies and some reds and maybe jump out a mile or two and catch some snapper... I know a good bridge for the sheepies in the okaloosa bridge going into aj's... any good spots? As far as fishing the jetties I know a lot of different species can be caught but how arethe bull reds down there? How and where on the jetties is a ggoodplace on the jetties to fish them? Rigs that work? Just Carolina for reds? East or west jetties and tactics? Thanks for the info... have a buddy coming down and were gonna load up the boat and head out... would like to show him some fish

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Fish the bridge on the outgoing tide for Reds right now....live minnows and pinfish will get you hooked up but live mullet is the best.....carolina rig. Anchor on the north side of the bridge and let the bait drift back into the shadow.

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Okay cool man! Pins thrive pretty good under bridge?
This time of year they can be spotty there, easier to catch them near brooks bridge.....pinfish are my last resort though I go with mullet as 1st and bull minnows 2nd.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Peeps, are you catching your finger mullet with cast nets or have you found a place you can buy them? Does anyone know where they can be bought?

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
Peeps, are you catching your finger mullet with cast nets or have you found a place you can buy them? Does anyone know where they can be bought?
Well to be honest I am not using finger mullet I use big ones, like 10" and yes I use a cast net

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay cool thanks a lot! What about cut mullet? Was thinking of getting up current and Carolina rig it with just enough weight to get it down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts