Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. What are you hunting Friday with the ammo, hogs?

I have ammo for my mosin nagant, but I don't know if it is what you consider hunting ammo.

Are these 7.62x54R? Don't laugh, I have so much ammo, if it is not something I normally shoot I can't ID it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hunt in GA and my daughter's fiance wants to join me this weekend. He wants to hunt with his Naggant and there's no changing his mind... :no:

He's a big fellow and last year was his first time deer hunting ever. Well, he borrowed my son's Ruger 243 and killed a fine 7 pointer. Back to he's a big boy... He threw that 150+ pound deer over his shoulder and carried it out with my son's rifle strapped to his shoulder and this deer bleeding all over the gun and scope... Does that clear it up a little better? And yes, I certainly let him know how dangerous what he did was and to NEVER do that crap again...:bangin: That'd be him holding the deer in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sigh, yeah those are FMJ. To be legal for hunting, I need pointed soft points or some kind of expanding bullet anyway. AAA++++ for effort thugh.:thumbup:

Are these 7.62x54R? Don't laugh, I have so much ammo, if it is not something I normally shoot I can't ID it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have one(1) round that is a soft point. I have a small collection of various rounds,some are still unknown to me yet just what they are for. Not sure if I'd go huntin with just one round though.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved if I can get that one bullet from you. We're only hunting Sat and Sun. The place I put him in is a thicket on a curve in a logging road. He's using iron sights and his longest shot is 85 yds or so. The impact point can' t be that much different from the FMJ at that distance. I've begged him to use one of my guns, but he's hardheaded as hell. What can you do?:whistling: Now I have to convince him that taking FMJ for backup will surely end in a ticket if he's checked.:yes:

Well as they say, a friend in need is a friend in deed and I still need to get that bullet from you. I'll pm you my info :thumbsup:

I have one(1) round that is a soft point. I have a small collection of various rounds,some are still unknown to me yet just what they are for. Not sure if I'd go huntin with just one round though.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thumbup::thumbup:He's set for the season thanks to the PFF.:thumbup::thumbup: Thank you all..., especially DF who made the trip possible in the first place and two other members who preferred to remain anonymous but still pm'd this morning to help out. :thumbsup: He has almost two boxes of hunting rounds now and that should hold him for a while.:whistling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts