Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of buying our first home after waiting and saving. I am in a contract for a foreclosure in Crestview and working VA financing. The Va appraiser came through and stipulated the roof needs to be replaced as a mandatory closing item. I know there are a few roofers on the website and would appreciate an approx cost of what a gable style roof, on a 1900 sq ft house with 15 or 25 year tabbed shingles would run. I have pictures from the appraisal and home inspection if that would help. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
1900 sq ft house, with overhangs(assume 2 foot, about 200 linear feet = 400 sq ft) and figuring a 6/12 pitch (multiply by 1.12) =2580 sq ft with 50 foot of ridge cap and 200 feet of starter and bleeder strips = another 1.33 sq, and with a bit of waste = about 27.66 sq ft.

These are just assumptions based on a perfect gable roof 40 x50 feet at 6/12 pitch.

As far as 3 tabs, I haven't put a 3 tab on in over 6 years, and wouldn't know the price.

But you now have a little bit better idea of how many squares, 27.66

Shingles other than large commercial jobs aren't really my thing, however, I can tell you a thru fastened metal panel roof I would charge about $9,600.

For dimensional shingles, with peel & stick underlayment (with the new FL hurricane mitigation retrofit rules you must either tape all deck seams before installing underlayment, or use peel & stick. With the cost of material and labor to tape seams then felt, it's almost comparable to just peel & stick the entire deck. You must also renail all the decking to new codes), and cap over ridge vent, I would charge about $7,300 for a shingle roof.

That being said, we don't really go after much residential shingle work, and can't really compete with price wise, and you will find much better pricing on elsewhere. And there are a few other roofers on here to talk to.

If you want more accurate info on how many squares, a picture to determine the pitchof the roof, and adress to take measurments on google earth and I could tell you within a square whate size your roof is. Yeah...it really is that easy.

Good luck. And if you have any technical questions feel free to ask, don't mind giving you unbiased advice. If you decide to go metal possibly, I would love to give you a proposal though.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Cant use 3-tab in FL Anymore.. Well you can but, it wont make your insurance go down.. Plus its illegal.3-D is the only way to go..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts