Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Depends what you want. I agree with the Fish House recommendation. We like Global Grill and Jaco's too. Plenty of more casual spots on Palafox.

·
On a boat
901 Posts
Do not eat at al Fresco the owners screwed Jerry out of his business through shady business dealings. Only thing worth a damn there was Jerry's anyway, everything else sucks .

·
Super Moderator
12,568 Posts
Do not eat at al Fresco the owners screwed Jerry out of his business through shady business dealings. Only thing worth a damn there was Jerry's anyway, everything else sucks .
Jerry's isn't there anymore?

I'll agree jerrys cajun was the only one worth a damn.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Global or Jackson's. Fish House is also nice but won't take reservations. Carmen's is an option if you want something more casual. I personally think Jaco's is over priced, has bland food, and the pours are tiny. The Magnolia in East Pensacola Heights can be a fun location with great food although it's not formal. Dharma would also be an option downtown.

·
On a boat
901 Posts
Jerry's isn't there anymore?

I'll agree jerrys cajun was the only one worth a damn.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner.
They screwed him out of his own business. The restaurant is still there but without Jerry who made it worth a damn. Its his recipes and dishes that make Jerry's what it was.

See here:
https://www.facebook.com/jerry.mistretta

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
They screwed him out of his own business. The restaurant is still there but without Jerry who made it worth a damn. Its his recipes and dishes that make Jerry's what it was.
I wonder if they screwed him or if he signed a contract? Anyone really know the facts? You can't just walk into a restaurant and kick out an owner...

·
On a boat
901 Posts
I wonder if they screwed him or if he signed a contract? Anyone really know the facts? You can't just walk into a restaurant and kick out an owner...
He helped them build the whole concept considering the other two partners are idiots and not true restaurant owners (one worked for Firehouse Subs and had a failed business before the other is in real estate). He wasn't a true a partner so they just fired him after he built the business and got it going successfully. The two partners are the biggest dirt bags I ever met, I could smell trouble with them a mile away. Given the fact that Jerry's is the only restaurant there worth a damn I figure al Fresco will go the way of Michael Carro's other failed restaurants within a year or so.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Global or Jackson's. Fish House is also nice but won't take reservations. Carmen's is an option if you want something more casual. I personally think Jaco's is over priced, has bland food, and the pours are tiny. The Magnolia in East Pensacola Heights can be a fun location with great food although it's not formal. Dharma would also be an option downtown.

It maybe considered "heresy" but I totally concur with you on Jaco's. nice location and view but over priced, with ok. food.

will have to try magnolia's.

this will be considered "heresy" as well, but I always found Jerry's food to be soso. even when he was up on 9th. Interesting character of a guy sure but good cajun food... :no: at least not to me.

·
On a boat
901 Posts
Well Jerry is forced to hire a lawyer to keep Michel Cario from illegally using his name and recipes. The scumbag also hijacked Jerry's Facebook like a petty 12 year old. Real mature...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts