Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may buy a 2001 22ft cape horn bayboat and was wondering if any of you have any opinions good and bad. Is it a wet. beat your brains in cape horn or will it suprise me?

It has no motor and I was going to drop a 2 stroke carbed Yamaha on it. Is the engine large enough?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
redeyes (3/18/2010)Sorry about that...150 hp

Its rated for 150-300 hp...I've never heard such.

what the hp rating??? ive seen 22' pathfinders with 150's and others with 250's they rate they so that its up to the customer what they want on it...imho a 150 on that boat will turn it into a slug....i would go 200+ on it

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
it will run plenty fast enough with a 150, i personally think a 150 yamaha is the best motor for your 'everyday' bay boat. fantastic fuel burn, and a fantastic motor. now, if you're strictly tournament fishing... then bring on a bigger motor.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
We have this boat! We have a 150 2stroke and it runs a little over 40mph. You can't go wrong with this boat. This is the best riding bay boat I have ever been on. we road the pathfinders and a few others and this was the best ridding/dryest one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can't speak specifically on the 22 bay model, but I have had 2 Offshore models and they are FANTASTIC!!! You can't go wrong with a Cape Horn. They are located in Milton Fl and they are great people too, if you have a question Scott will be more than happy to help you!! Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts