Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will be coming over the first weekend of dec. Would it be worth bring my boat over and doing some fishing for some trout and reds. I will be in Navarre. I live east of Tallahassee. If so can you point me in the general direction . I have a 24' Carolina skiff. Thanks Loudawg

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
If you got a troller on your rig, dock lights are always great at night. You can also hit 3 mile bridge for bulls.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Upper bays / lower rivers can be good as well, perfect for a skiff or bay boat. With the cold snap we've had, there will be baitfish succumbing to cold temps and the predators waiting for them to fall. Outgoing tide so the water is moving, river or creek bends with holes of deeper water with a low sinking twitch bait can be deadly for trout and sometimes reds, too. It can be tough to find the trout and reds but is it worth bringing your boat? Absolutely! Try fishing slow.

The stripers and sunhshine bass have an occasional habit of showing up, too... just never know. ;)

Sheeps can be found on structure as mentioned, as well.... maybe not in the numbers seen in early Spring but worth looking for them, too. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts