Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have lowrance lcx 111hd 4 years old have had nothing but trouble.This weekend itdied.what is a good one that will last more than 4 years. Thanks

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Garmin, Navnet orraymarine try shoping the bundle deals there are alot of good options out there right now pick up a decent combination unit with weather for around 2500.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
+5 on the garmin....Lowrance is garbage.....I just lost a argument with their award winning customer service over a $240 handheld color gps that worked just over a year but used only 12 or 13 times....They said send it back with a flat rate check for $150 regardless of the problem.... I can now buy this junk new on cabelas for 160 so I have a 200+ POS from lowrance......

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
For a boat a Furuno GP-37. You could also get the Garmin 76 ex.

·
Registered
763 Posts
GARMEN....

Here's why.....they maintain legacy support for their units. Yes, they update units about every 4 years, but thy contiue to have tech and part support for their units for about another 10+ years. Other sytems do not do that. Design obsolesence to force you to upgrade....Capitalism at work.

Garmen is industry standard for GPS.

Good Luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Patriot (3/30/2010)GARMEN....

Here's why.....they maintain legacy support for their units. Yes, they update units about every 4 years, but thy contiue to have tech and part support for their units for about another 10+ years. Other sytems do not do that....
I second this.

Also the unitsdon't lie. If they tell you you are on the spot, you are there. I have seen other GPS units that would "shift" on you some when right on a spot like Loran would do. I have owned 4 Garmin units and none of them did this.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Garmin!! Lowrance?s customer service sucks.

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
You may want to check the Garmin website. Sometimes they have awesome deals on reconditioned systems with substantial savings on buying package deals that come with standard factory warranties.

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,992 Posts
Garmin is the best quality for the money you spend for it. You can get better performance with others, especially when you upgrade transducers, but they come at a hefty price.

Garmin's web support, customer support and replacement/damage policy is the best I've dealt with.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I bought a Garmin 276c when they first came out. Never had one problem and I beat the crap out of it. No external antenna is needed. Great machine there are three other models now in production with more bells and whistles. 276c is only available as reconditioned or used ck on E-Bay if interested..

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I have both Llawrance and Garmin on my boat and like them both but the Llowrance HDS7 performs much better and I get Sirrus Sat radar, weather ,TVand radio, and blue tooth cell capability and boost.Not to mention the sat overlay on the GPS is awesome and bottom image is outstanding at any speed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts