Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son and his friend, both 12-years old, love fishing, but we are new to saltwater inshore. I have a boat out of Sandestin and would love to put them on some fish. Reds, trout, spanish, we don't care.

We struck out yesterday using live shrimp. We got out a little late and didn't venture too far though. I want to hit it early in the morning.

Hogstown Bayou looks like it would hold some fish but it is a big area. I also thought about motoring to the Destin pass and staying North of the bridge.

So would anyone be so kind as to give us a spot or two to check out? Yep, I know I'm asking for trade secrets but it's for the children! lol.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Feel free to DM me.

(And I see that I posted this to reports. Not sure how to delete and put in Q&A section.)

·
Wolfgang
257 Posts
Just north of crab island on an incoming tide should put the kids on some fish. :thumbsup:
Maybe hit some grass beds on the way.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,073 Posts
Try the popping cork with your live shrimp, a jig or artificial shrimp ( Vudu, Gulp, DOA shrimp ). Fish the grass beds and drop offs. Bonus area is a grass bed with a drop off. Fish the mouth of inlets, around boat docks.
Try fishing the boat docks and private piers (the ones with night lights) at night.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,975 Posts
If you have a boat at Sandestin, head to the end of Four Mile Point and drift thru the grass beds.
You're based on one of the better grass flats.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Those grass flats have pot holes. Sand spot in the grass. Approach from distance. Popping cork with a shrimp, or finger mullet, or something of that kind. Cast past the sandy spot and pop your bait back slowly until your bait falls into the sandy spot. Then wait, if a fish I'd around they will smash the bait

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great. Thanks for the help. We will get some live shrimp and hit it first thing in the am!

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Watch the tide. You need water to catch fish easier. If there are any creek mouths dumping into the bay. Drift off of them a hundred yards or so. The fish hang there and snatch fish as they get pushed out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts