Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m 16 years old and I just got into inshore in Pensacola fishing I’ve tried some public bridges and nothing’s produced I’m looking to catch some red Fish and trout if anyone could give me some locations to try out it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
It’s not just the location. It’s when you go, how you fish, and what bait you use. Can you expand on these for us?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Get you a bait bucket with about a dozen shrimp, put some shoes on and go wade fishing in the grassflats. I use about a two foot section of fluorocarbon leader with a popping cork. Just throw out in the grass and find the specks. Once you find them work that area reel good. Hope this helps you.

Scott

·
Apex
1,373 Posts
Speckled trout, redfish, and even flounder are on the grass flats. Get a pair of wading shoes (buy water shoes or wear old tennis shoes) then buy some 5" gulp jerk shads (white is a go to) with 1/4oz jigheads, 2 different color Mirrodine MR17s, and a Super Spook for topwater. Speaking from experience, buy a net if you're going to wade fish. Throw topwater early morning or late afternoon and fish the others interchangeably as you please. The more you go the more you will learn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank u for the response I have almost all the things I need to go wade into the water but where are the grass flats located at and what time should I be there

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Thank u for the response I have almost all the things I need to go wade into the water but where are the grass flats located at and what time should I be there
Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze
Naval Oaks
Big Lagoon State park

·
Registered
32 Posts
How about the grass flats over at Johnson Beach in Perdido Key? Anyone had any luck over there? I’ve only been there once and didn’t have much time to work it.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Time to Go? Real early in the morning. Fish and watch the sun come up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Google earth is your friend. While not all the images are current, it can give you a good idea of spots to try.

Time of day to me isn't as important as the tide. Tides4fishing.com is a site I use constantly. Some species like trout will come to feed in the shallow grass flats early in the morning while it's still cool. So time can play a factor.

Also, YouTube is a good tool. I started inshore fishing 6 years ago and it has helped a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts