Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need some help finding some dress shoes. What are some expensive dress shoes? Which brands are good ones? Comfort is important also. I want something kind of like this one. I like the way the toe part looks but want you opinions on what is a good brand.

or this one but i want lace up.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
?????????????????????????????????????

Can't help on this one. I only own one pair of "dress" shoes, and they only come out for funerals.

Now, if you wanted to know about boots.....................

·
Registered
463 Posts
I only wear Rockports for dress. I have two pair that are 25 years old and are in great shape. Don't know what styles are available. Shoe city has Rockports. They are comfortable.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Go to a shoe carnival or a outlet store like that. The one in Destin next to publix has everything your looking for. It's a good excuse to go to Bass Pro Shop while your there. I bought my last 2 pairs at Mens Wharehouse and they are nice but I could have saved some $.

·
Registered
747 Posts
mens warehouse in the cordova mall. i bought a pair of the most comfortable dress shoes i ever owned there. i could wear them year round they are so comfortable. hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
Igo a pair that look like that from Kohls on 9 mile. Only wear them for funerals but the 4 times I wore them they were very comfortable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not sure of how you will plan on using them -- occassionally, everyday, etc. I wear them everday at work and have found for that purpose that Allen Edmonds is the best approach. They cost more but are far more comfortable than other brands I tried and also hold much better than others I have worn ending up costing less in the long run. I switched solely to Allen Edmonds about 10 years ago and don't even look at another brand now. Good luck!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Johnston and Murphy's are great - I think Banana Republic carries them.

Rockport has one just like your picture - You can get them at Belk/Dillards.

·
Registered
739 Posts
shoes, particularly dress shoes, are one thing (of many) that I have found that you get what you pay for in terms of quality and appearance.....You ever see these guys that got the look going but go cheap on the shoes? Ruins the whole deal.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Depends upon how you will use them....for example I stand on my feet 9-10 hours per day so need thick soles for confort. Dress shoes with thick soles give you protection from heat and cold. That's why the soldiers at the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier wear very thick soles on their shoes while standing guard. If you want your shoes to last you might try Cole Haun at Dillard's. Expensive but will last you a long time. I got tired of buying $40 pair of shoes every six months so now only buy them at Dillard's. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Shoe Station is having their 25% off sale Fri and Sat by coupon only sent, by mail and found in the PNJ. The normal coupon found weekly in PNJ is 20%.

So on Sat I will go and buy a pair of tennis shoes, Sperry topsiders, sandles, and Nun Bush Loafers and save about $50.00.

They also have the type shoes you are looking for, however, it all depends what you will them use them for. Once in while, or for a professonal position.

If it isfor an interview, church or funeral then Shoe Station. If it is forcareer wear, then the aforementioned places above should be strongly considered. I buy my professional shoe wear at Men's Warehouse.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
BananaTom (3/3/2010)Shoe Station is having their 25% off sale Fri and Sat by coupon only sent, by mail and found in the PNJ. The normal coupon found weekly in PNJ is 20%.

So on Sat I will go and buy a pair of tennis shoes, Sperry topsiders, sandles, and Nun Bush Loafers and save about $50.00.

They also have the type shoes you are looking for, however, it all depends what you will them use them for. Once in while, or for a professonal position.

If it isfor an interview, church or funeral then Shoe Station. If it is forcareer wear, then the aforementioned places above should be strongly considered. I buy my professional shoe wear at Men's Warehouse.

Listen to Banana Tom!!!!!!

·
Praedator
9,916 Posts
deeptracks (3/3/2010)shoes, particularly dress shoes, are one thing (of many) that I have found that you get what you pay for in terms of quality and appearance.....You ever see these guys that got the look going but go cheap on the shoes? Ruins the whole deal.
Yep, I agree with this. I have tried to go the cheap route on dress shoes many times. But in the end, they just do not last if you wear them multiple times a week.

I do not wear them as often as I used to. But I may soon need to dress up for work again.:banghead And, I'll probalby spend a chunk of change on some good shoes. Bad dress shoes are just the most uncomfortable things around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts