Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a reel size 3000 to 4000 and have budget of under 150 to spend so what should i buy for saltwater fishing

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Reel

SSV 3500 or 4500 will do the trick. I have several NIB in the shop...let me know if I can help.

Reactions: ThaFish

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
I want to buy a reel size 3000 to 4000 and have budget of under 150 to spend so what should i buy for saltwater fishing
I would look to the Shimano Sahara, Shimano Nasci, Penn SSV, & Penn Battle II series reels. & I would highly recommend going to see Pompano Joe, as he is very knowledgable & will definitely hook you up!

·
Young Pier Rat
510 Posts
Penn conflicts are nice for the money. The only problem I had with mine was wearing the roller out. Other than that it was a great reel

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just posted a Shimano Stradic 3000 earlier today in the for sale section.

Cant go wrong with the stradic or the penn conflict for spinning reels! Both are super light with a good reputation of being smooth and durable.

·
Mako Shark
138 Posts
Cant beat a used shimano stradic ci4+ or a new daiwa bg. Look at alanhawk (dot) com. He reviews alot of reels on his website and if you click lists you can see the best reels for under 150!

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you're concerned about weight, the Penn Battles are significantly lighter than the SSVs not to mention cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts