Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,885 Posts
You should tell him it was some kind of fish regulated and not in season to get him going!!!! hahaha
He's better then me, when in doubt throw it out!!!! hahaha

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
i told my son we caught mingos and he said do you mean mangos and i said no, you're thinking about mangrove which is also called black snapper or gray snapper. these have three names, mingo, vermillion, or beeliner. he said stop right there. i am totally confused as hell. lol.
jack

·
Bearded Brotula
14,966 Posts
I've always called mangroves mangos and vermillion mingos.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yep I have heard the big ones called mongo's or mongo mingo's
I called one that this summer and my 9 year old laughed and said it a few more times just because he thought it was funny. I was confused when I first started reading about saltwater fishing - it took me a while to learn how many names each fish has!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I called one that this summer and my 9 year old laughed and said it a few more times just because he thought it was funny. I was confused when I first started reading about saltwater fishing - it took me a while to learn how many names each fish has!
When I got old enough to drive I was running the piers up and down the coast. I remember just how crazy the bait names changed from place to place. Everything is something diff Just about every 100 miles or so. Then I went to Louisiana. Now that was a different world overthere

1 - 20 of 21 Posts