Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my 1987 jeep grand wagoneer. It is an electrical nightmare. I have no exp in automotive electrical, so needless to say, I have been struggling with it for a while now. Anyone out there want to swing by and take a look? If you know this stuff, and can lend a hand, I can provide beer.....and food......or fishing gear, place to hunt, whatever.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are putting together quite a team here.....productivity is down, but morale is high. This is good.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the wiring harness from the bulkhead connector on is the same, that would solve my problem. I have a short somewhere, I think. Cant exactly walk into auto zone and ask for a complete wiring harness for a 23 yr old truck and not get laughed at.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Well, part of the problem is that the Jeep was setting out in the woods for a few years and the squirrels/rats really liked some of the wiring in the engine compartment. If you know what you need your welcome to come take a look. I live in Lillian, about 7 miles from the Perdido bridge. Shoot me a PM.

Skip

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I had to rewire my 71 Chevy Custom 10 once. I just went out and bought a bunch of wire spools of the same gauge and duplicated the harness. Pull a wire and label the end with exactly where it came from until you have the entire harness pulled. Then lay it out and duplicate it. It worked great for me may work for you. Oh and shrinkwrap is your friend when completing the new harness.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lastcast: I will be in Orlando all week, so I wont be able to get that way in time. Let me know what yard you drop it off at so I can pilfer as needed? I appreciate your offer.

wld1985: Good link! I have used it before to get an understanding of the bulkhead connector layout. Only problem with that is it has been tinkered with before, and I have a lot of red wires!

Submariner: PM Sent!

Thanks Everyone!

·
Super Moderator
27,956 Posts
I'm looking at buying an older Chey Pu w/ the same problem....If the $$$ is right, I'll be getting it. Fer any interested and that have vehicles they just use fer hunting or not much usage at all, all the folks I talk to say to pop the hood when it sits fer long periods of time so the squirells and rats don't build nest and eat the wires....:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IT RUNS!!!! I should change the thread title to "Have beer.....drinking it now!" I appreciate all the advice through pm's and thread posts. I wound up bypassing a few things (In true huntin truck fashion) and got it to fire right up. Now for the krylon touch, and a little interior redecorating to include rod rack, livewell, and tackle storage. (Yep, live well. In the truck. No joke)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts