Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am from middle Tennessee. Been kayak fishing since 2007, never been saltwater fishing out of a yak. I will be staying with family in Pensacola and I plan to fish every chance available from Sept 13-20th. Anyone willing to let me tag along? I am game for anything and would love to bring back a few for the table. I fish out of an Ocean kayak Trident 13 and am set up for trolling if need be. The bay is fine, however I would love to fish in the gulf but I am too green to be heading out there alone. Anyone willing to help a fellow kayak fisherman out? Thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am always down to fish the bay. I as well have not taken my yak into the Gulf but am game for it. PM me your info and we'll see if we can do

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks EMT90, I will give ya a holler. Robin, I guess that was a bit early, however, I have been planning this trip for long time. Now that the time is getting close, I am getting a little ancy. Sorry for sounding whiney, Please forgive my impatience. This has been a dream of mine since the first time I fished out of a kayak. I am really at the mercy of anyone that would let me tag along, being that I know little about saltwater fishing. I am not asking for a babysitter, lol. Just a chance to have a safe, hopefully successful time out. Again, sorry for the impatient remark.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I work all day but I am down with maybe going out a few nights and hitting up some dock lights when you get down here and maybe off shore(weather permitting) on the weekends. PM me when you get in town and we can set something up. I am sure I can talk a buddy or two into going out so we can have a few instead of two.:thumbup: Safety in numbers off shore:yes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work all day but I am down with maybe going out a few nights and hitting up some dock lights when you get down here and maybe off shore(weather permitting) on the weekends. PM me when you get in town and we can set something up. I am sure I can talk a buddy or two into going out so we can have a few instead of two.:thumbup: Safety in numbers off shore:yes:
Great, thanks man! I sure hope the weather is fair, I would LOVE to go offshore. :thumbup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
ive been in the gulf a few times, and will probably be going out there sometime during your stay as well. If theres a group even better. Send me a PM when you have plans and ill try and make it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Everyone! Yall may not realize what this trip means to me but its really a dream come true. I really appreciate all of the replies. I def. will be getting in touch with everybody.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an OK Trident 13 rigged pretty good. All of my gear is freshwater but some may work ok. Two ugly stick 7' rods paired with Ambassedur 6500c3 and 6000. One berkley big game catfish rod with a team daiwa TD-2 and a Med light St croix avid with a daiwa whisker SS 1300. The uglynstiks have been through hades and back on the Tennessee river, not sure ifnthe other gear is big nuff.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I think you will ne ok.

I would def buy
* a gaf
*some wire leader or king rigs (not crazy ones just simple wire n trebles.
* fish bag of some sort if you plan on keeping any .

* waterproof case for ur phone i always take mine for emergency purposes .

* a good life jacket

also make sure to stay far enough from the piers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a lifeproof case for my iphone, I have an NRS Chinook kayak fishing vest. I do have the fish gripper but will def take your advice and get a gaff and rigs. Fish bag? One of them that goes on the front deck that is insulated? Also, line recommendations? I also have two cuban hand reels.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
cool looks like u got most everything already . I run 30 lb test for trollimg i domt know any bottom spots nut id imagine you may need heavier for that..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Great, thanks man! I sure hope the weather is fair, I would LOVE to go offshore. :thumbup:
Dvldocz and myself have been going offshore alot lately thanks to the gulf cooperating. I have a combo you can use for trolling if you go with us as well as a gaff so don't sweat those. No sense in buying those if you'll only be here a short while. Hit us up when you get in town and I am sure we can arrange something, especially on the weekend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be down as during that time as well. I will be down on a family trip so my "free" time will be hard to predict. I am staying on the intercostal down towards Perdido. Hit me up... I may get free. I for sure want to get offshore at least one morning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts