Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming to Destin in two weeks. I am bring the pontoon because a lot of family cruising. I am staying at Sandestin golf and beach resort. First is there a close launch and any tips on a short run to some fish were i can anchor up and catch. All tips will be greatly appreciated have a great day.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Check with San Destin I believe they have a ramp there, then you can fish the flats for Reds and Trout.

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,037 Posts
I don't know about Sandestin itself, but Cessna Landing is close by on co hwy 393. Plenty of parking and big ramp for your pontoon. hwy 393 is east of Sandestin on hwy 98 so you can avoid hwy 98 traffic west of Sandestin. Traffic is heavy this summer.

See http://fishingdestinguide.com/BOATRAMPS.html for a zillion landing around the area.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is a ramp at SD, but I wouldn't want to launch a pontoon there, not sure it's even possible. Even pulling through the main gates with one would be a pretty good hassle. There are a couple ramps on Hogtown Bayou just to the east and off of 98. I don't know the specifics, but they have been previously mentioned on the forum.

As for spots, there are plenty of good ones in that immediate area. Look for locatons of other boats fishing the area as you come and go. Even a quick look at Google Maps will give you some good ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts