Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught some crabs in the trap off the dock, and got a big pen going to keep them in, but need to feed them so they fatten up. I have done this before with about 40 crabs, and found that in just a couple weeks time if they haveunlimitedfood, they will dang near double in size!

Need fish carcasses, if your any where near Gulf Breeze, Navarre, or even P-cola Beach. I will come pick em up if you got a decent amount!!

Thanx!

·
Registered
13,327 Posts
Clay you Lucky Dog,

Growing up on the Louisiana Swamps we had "crab savers" as we called them. We would catch crabs in traps, nets, and while trawlin. Threw them all in the crab saver. When we trawled, we saved the by-product and threw that in the crab saver.

Made for some good eatin crabs. Every leg which was pulled off had a mouth full of meat. When the inside was opened, you could not even find the cavity dividers, just all meat and fat.

I always wants to start a business providing the best blue crabs available, by feeding them for two weeks, non-stop.

If you need help eatin'um, let me know!!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Clay you can check with some of the seafood markets to see if they will save them for you when they clean their fish. Years ago when we Sharked fish we would go around to the markets and get the Amberjack and Grouper heads and put them in the freezer.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Don't forget the cleaning stations at the recreational and commercial docks...
That is where we got our sharkin' carcasses...

Don't know about crabs but if we saw or smelled beer, we wouldn't take the bait as seemed it was "tainted" and would soak all night without a taker.

Brent

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
<span id="ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl08_lblFullMessage">Better put a lock on that pen!!
SHHHH!!!! I am gonna weasel my way into this house warmin' bar stockin' party just to have the addy/GPS # of this place so I can run.... ummmm.... security, yeah thats it... SECURITY on this here crab pen!:moon:toast:usaflag
Brent

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
For a sack of fat blue crabs, no air soft or paintball gun is gonna slow me down.... I would be like a somali pirate in a stolen scow! Dark fast and determined...
Brent

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I just may do that, we will be among the sleep overs as I am in d' fun we lack springs... Wife wil be a cheap azz and insist on bringing some of that junk coconut rum sissy perfume liquor... Now me... I am a george Dickel or WT guy! BTW, I run a fish grill real well and any non battered veggies, I fry up good too... Loves me some sweet taters fried... need a 25-50 pound sack for more than 15 folks though!

Brent

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Clay,

I have some recently frozen grouper carcas in my freezer...you know, the one next to my beer frig....Come and get'em...

Jimmy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts