Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend someone to paint my motor cowling on a 2001 Yamaha OX66 250. It is in overall good condition but it is faded pretty bad on top with some scratches.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I also have a cowling that needs just the top painted. It?s for a Mercury Verado 250. Looks like some business for someoone.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Patriot (3/1/2010)Patriot Yacht Services can paint your cowling. Here's one I did ona mercury 250.

I've got a pair that need it too...Contact info for us lazy guys that do not want to google you. Also the basic cost (no decals) would help too.

Tks BBob

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
BBob - the link to their website and the contact information was in their signature:

You were 1 click away from:

Tom Kennedy

Owner and Operator

Patriot Yacht Services

(850) 261-4312 mobile

(850) 435-1081 fax

[email protected]

These guys really do some nice work - I'd like to get the foot of my Yamaha repainted as I go through shallow water and grass and all of the paint is worn off the skeg...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks Mac for the vote of confidence,

Fellow PFF's.....Normally don't discuss pricing on the forum and I really need to see the project before quoting. That being said, the cowling in the picturedid not require anyrepairs. It wasprimed and handfared/sanded, then shot with 10 coats of Awl Grip superjet black for the deep wet look.That was a $375 job.

I canonly get decals from a dealer and theycan be pricey. There are some vinyl folks out there that can reproduce, but they are at risk of getting into trouble doing so because the decals are copywrite protected. I usually let my customers decide if they want to clutter up the paint finish with stickers that will fade, crack and look bad long before the paint.So far, all have stayed with the clean look. I prefer it as well. Nobody knows what you got under the hood so to speak.

Give me a call, send me an email with some photo's or drop by the shopand I'll take care of my fellow PFFr's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts