Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it with pay as you go plans. I'm 78, have Alzheimer's, wife has been in the ER 9 times plus 8 days in ths hospital since early June. Why she is alive is anybodies guess. That being said, I need a cell phone that works. I need few bells and whistles. I also need simplicity (Alzheimer's). AT&T and Verizon work well here. T Mobile is not so great here and honestly I haven't looked at anything else. Tracfone uses Verizon and ATT&T towers and has been wonderful but a pain in the ass.

Oh yeah, phone suggestion too. I doubt if my old Samsung is compatible. Cheap is definitely best . I gotta do this today becaue I absolutely must have a phone for emergency. I remember how long and much I reisisted buying a cell phone. Now I realize how much I depend on the phone, especially right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I am on Verizon prepay, works great for 5+years and a newer Samsung phone I got at walmart or Bestbuy $35 a month free call and texts with 3gig data

·
Registered
499 Posts
I use straight talk, which uses Verizon. I only pay $50 a month. The only catch is that you pay for your phone separately. Which might mean you can use your old phone.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Cricket is easy I pay 100$ for 4 phones. Also if you bring a working phone they will switch you for free and give you a new phone

Forgot to mention they use AT&T towers.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cricket is easy I pay 100$ for 4 phones. Also if you bring a working phone they will switch you for free and give you a new phone

Forgot to mention they use AT&T towers.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Me too been with Cricket for about 3yrs now, never had a problem, buy my own phones, they also sell low end Samsung and LG phones, have 4 lines, $100 unlimited data, text and talk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 12 year old grandson got a newer I phone for Christmas so I have his i-phone 6. My son put me on his family plan so I have unlimited phone, text and data. Simple solution and now I have no problem whatever. Phone has been set up with everything I need including my e-mail. This sure is going to make my life simpler. I found out hw important my cell phone is with all of the absolute emergencies of the past month. Sharon is OK tonight but who knows what will happen tomorrow. Now I have got to buy a more dependable car and hearing aids. Never ending right now. Thanks for the replies and thanks heaven for the free phone. Having a good family sure helps. My daghter,( RN) is coming Saturday to organize Sharon's meds and records.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I dropped AT&T for overcharging me and went to Target to get on Consumer Cellular. I have had zero problems with service since doing this last summer and it is roughly half the cost. I bought a non-destructible flip Samsung off Ebay. It is the one that used to advertise as surviving being run over by a pick up truck but I have not tried to do this. It was water proof and I did accidently test that one. My spouse has a smart phone also from a dealer on Ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts