Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>I had my hydrolic trim go out yesterday while out on the water. I can hear the electic motor engaging but no hydrolics. I am not familiar with any of the marinas in the area. Can anyone suggest an economical place to have it repaired (but still a good place). I realize it prob wont be cheap, but I know some places are more pricy than others.

Thanks,

Chris </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you can hear the motor kicking in it may not be too terrible to fix. Could just be frozen or vacuum locked. TRy disconnection the fittings and operating then hook it back up. I guess it depends on how much time you have. Sorry, no, I don't know who to refer you to. I know that Gary over at Lou's marine in Gulf breeze is very capable and should be able to at least take a look at it and walk you through some solutions.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Pensacola, near marcus pointe and north w st. The boat is on a trailer in my driveway right now. I hear what you are saying about it being possibly being an easy fix, but trust me, I shouldn't be messing with it. I would probably do more damage by attempting to fix it myself. I like gary over at Lou's, but last time I was there they said they did not work on Mercurys.

The engine is a 200 hp merc (1997).

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I just had my trim motor replaced. I went to Mark Gilmore Marine at Daybreak Marina. He is in the phone book. I bought the new motor for about $250.00 and he put it in for about $150.00 and I had already sheared the head off a corroded bolt so your job might be a little easier. He is cool and fair and will not do anything without asking. It took right at two weeks to get my boat back. You might just be out of hydraulic fluid. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using gavin parks at the maintenance shop.He can come to your boat or you can drop it off.He does great work.850-221-6789

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
PM<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallTxt>Sequoihahe is at emerald coast I believe he gives 10% discount to pff members</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sent you pm

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
If that doesnt work for you try Gavin at the maintanance shop I think his name on here is "themainananceshop" or what that would be if I could spell. He does mobile work and will come to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts