Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and girlfriend are coming to PNS for a girl "weekend" in thelatter partof the week (Thurs and Fri). So I'm looking for a motel for them that is nice (I said nice not extravagant)for two women (and she packs, but doesn't want to be in that kind or area, had to put that in), yet won't break the wallet if you catch my drift. They will be visiting friends that live on Piedmont. I suggested the Mission but she wouldn't go for it.:poke:poke. Ideas and suggestionswould be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CPOUSNRET (11/13/2007)I find it fascinating that your wife and your girlfriend travel together. Such a friendly threesome.:bowdown
I find it refreshing ...The fact is she has her time, I have mine and we have both our time together. She never complains about me going nor do I when she goes. NO way she would go out 20-100 miles out with me, tramp through the woods, or spend the night playing poker....She thinks of the guys in the GRAY suit, wild animals and is lousy at poker. Familiarity breeds contempt.

·
Registered
724 Posts
wow, you let your girlfriend travel with your wife? how in the heck do you keep secrets that way:poke

ron, you are the king of google and you cant find a hotel? piedmont is in cordove park if i remember correctly. then i would recommend the hampton at airport/12th ave. within a few minutes of piedmont and the mall area. plenty of dining and good part of town.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jamesm1976 (11/13/2007)Tuna Man, NOTHING good can come from your wife and girlfriend going out of town together.
I've always told my kids...if you end up in jail, and you are innocent by all means make me your first call. If you end up in jail because you DID do something, don't waste your quarter calling me...catch my drift....

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
freespool50 (11/13/2007)wow, you let your girlfriend travel with your wife? how in the heck do you keep secrets that way:poke

ron, you are the king of google and you cant find a hotel? piedmont is in cordove park if i remember correctly. then i would recommend the hampton at airport/12th ave. within a few minutes of piedmont and the mall area. plenty of dining and good part of town.
Yes I can

it.

But, I'd rather have some input from locals. There might be some NICE Mom and Pop hotel in the area. I'm one step above CHEAP as Susan calls it. I'd rather think of it as being frugal.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
freespool50 (11/13/2007)wow, you let your girlfriend travel with your wife?
:banghead:banghead:banghead...Damn you. Susan looks over my shoulder at times...you let the cat out of the bag..Now what to do.:doh:doh:doh:doh

·
Registered
724 Posts
to my knowledge, no mom and pop motels that are worth staying in. could be wrong.all chains. the one i recommended is locally managed by highpoint hotels out of gulf breeze. there's always the hilton garden inn on pcola beach also managed locally by innisfree hotels also of gulf breeze.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hampton Inn is close like he said to the malls and eating establishments but also very close to the airport. If noise is not an issue that would be a good bet. The next one would be probably the Ramada Inn Bayview on Scenic Highway. It is right off Interstate 10 and is only about a 5-10 minute drive to University and Cordova mall. The Ramada also usually has a good deal on a dinner and has a bar that usually provides some type of band or music.

Hampton Inn 2187 Airport Blvd. 850-478-1123

Ramada Inn Bayview 7601 Scenic Hwy. 850-477-7155

Good luck.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can recommend the New World Inn. It has a Mom and Pop feel and nice decor. I live here and stayed there 3 weeks ago after our firefighters Halloween party. IT cost about 130 dollars per nite and is downtown on South Palafox just south of Main St. Its a few blocks from Seville Quarters which has Piano Bar, Live music and Dance music too. Nearby is MqGuires Irish Pub, Fishhouse restaurant which are two of the best places to eat. There are also alot of the other places as well.

Hope this helps, Reese

Room 116

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
That put's them close downtown for some window shopping along Palafox to Ron. Then they can go over to the Dog House Deli for some noon time dogs! Then back to spending more time walking the shops downtown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The crown and ramada are pricey-- but there are a dozen or so new hotels on davis hwy surrounding university mall and a little down from the mall that I think start at like 65 a night. And there are lots to eat right around there and it is not but about 10 mins from Peidmont. hope it helps.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all the information.

hot_reelin_honey (11/13/2007)The crown and ramada are pricey-- but there are a dozen or so new hotels on davis hwy surrounding university mall and a little down from the mall that I think start at like 65 a night. And there are lots to eat right around there and it is not but about 10 mins from Peidmont. hope it helps.
I like your line of thinking....You married?:doh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts