Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Lowerance fishfinder for my Hobie. Need some input on the best place to mount it and any tips you have. Thanks in advance

Scott

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like where I have mine(see pic). It's out of the way so I can land fish but I have no problem reaching it while fishing or pedaling. I do use a talon mount which was given to me, and its nice because I am able to remove it with ease. I still have to heat shrink the transducer cable to the mount which will make it even easier for taking the ff on and off but can't seem to find the time.

Attachments

·
Formerly Hank Hill
839 Posts
My ideas for Hobie outback. 1st, I like the Ram mounts for the fishfinders, very easy to adjust to where you need it. I mounted mine on the right side, carefull not to interfere with the rudder deploy handle. Next, I brought the wires through the hull with a wire cap (from West Marine for less that $5. Battery is in a tupperware type box in the front hatch (wally World about $5). Transducer mounted behind the seat using lowrance scupper mount (mine from West Marine, but many places carry them) Last pic is underneath the yak, view if transducer. It's out of the way and I have never hit or scraped it on anything. What most of the online posts don't tell you is use the wire nuts to come through the hull. Good luck with the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That helps out allot. Ive had people tell me to put the transducer inside the yak but i want water temps. Thanks to all. Keep the ideas coming.

Scott

·
Formerly Hank Hill
839 Posts
Oh, I don't know what model Lowrance you have. Mine is the Mark 4. Go to www.rammount.com. go to kakak mounts then fishfinder mounts and find the one thats right for your model, Theres 2 kinds, Mine (pictured) plugs into the fishfinder, some you have to attach the mount that came with the unit to the Ram mount. Oh, also a pic of the wire caps from West. 2 in my install.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts