Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Penn 950ssm, and I wanted some advice of the best pole to use with it... I am going to be spooling it with 65 or 85 Ib braided line... I want to use it for big fish of course. Looking for a decent affordable pole... Due to having two young sons, most of my money goes to diapers and their needs, lol.

Any advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob Sikes, Fort Pickens, Piers.... Redfish, king, shark, black drum. I've fished all of my life on Sikes and what not... But I just got this 950ssm and I am not too sure what pole would fit it...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Try posting on the bridge / pier forum, those guys can probably be more helpful than me. I fish from a boat and if I am jigging I use a short 5'8" jigging rod, but I have 7'6" rod I cast to Cobia with, jigging rod is Sea Magic and Cobia is a Custom.

Take a look at Ugly Stick Tiger rods, I know several people that rave about them, I have a couple myself and really like them. Not too expensive. Length, Action, etc would depend on species and location -- that's where the Bridge and Pier folks can help.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have a Penn 9500 on a 6 ft. Penn Slammer rod, (one piece) It's a good set up for pier fishing for big fish. I use 20lb P-line on it, and have caught a 7 ft. Bull shark from small pier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts