Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a 21 foot Cape Horn's capacity as far as people on board? I am interested in getting into one, but still want to be able to haul the friends out every now and then

thanks for the help

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a 19' Cape Horn, and have fished on a buddies 21' Cape Horn many times. As far as fishing goes, I think 4 people fishing is probably going to be most comfortable on both sizes. Any more than 4 starts getting crowded but you could get away with six. I can't remember what the 21 Cape's max limit is, but you won't want that many people fishing at the same time. I love my Cape Horn, it is a fishin' machine. I have never felt worried about my boat not being able to get me back home, it is rock solid. It will take way more abuse than the people fishing can handle. GETCHA ONE!!!!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys.... unfortunately the friends I have are more of a drink beer and look at the ladies type, so I only have to get them to Fort Mcree :letsdrink

As far as fishing, it is rarely more than me and my dad... so we have a little overkill right now... Sportcraft 252... I dont know what it is rated for but I have had 10 of my buds on it before comfortably

I guess I should make another post to solicit for some other info, cause I think we are looking to get out of the Sportcraft

thanks

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You can have a dozen PFD's, but if the Coast Guard plate says 8 persons, then 8 is all you can legally have. Anything over, and LE can give you a ticket. And trust me, most of them know what the capacity of the popular models are.

·
Praedator
10,062 Posts
DreamWeaver21 (10/24/2007)The plate says 8. I've had 10 and pulled a skier before. Make sure you have enough life jackets.
:nonono

Your just asking for a ticket, not to mention the safety issues of having too many on board.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the responses guys... 8 should do me just fine! My dad is a Coastie, so I cant really mess around on the water... he lets me know real quick

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
sosmarine (10/24/2007)You can have a dozen PFD's, but if the Coast Guard plate says 8 persons, then 8 is all you can legally have. Anything over, and LE can give you a ticket. And trust me, most of them know what the capacity of the popular models are.
If the officer feels I am operating the boat in an unsafe manor then he can issue a ticket. Won't have anything to do with the capacity plate though that plate is a suggestion for boats over 20 feet. Here is a summary of the law.<P class=Reminder><U>MAXIMUM LOADING AND HORSEPOWER</U><P class=style4>No person may operate a monohull boat of less than 20 feet in length while exceeding the maximum weight, persons, or horsepower capacity as displayed on the manufacturer's capacity plate.<P class=style4>here is my source http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/statelaws/Florida.html<P class=style4>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts