Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small cheap kayak I bought to see if I liked it, well I don't but my wife loves it. Her birthday and summer is coming up so I'd like to get her a new one but don't know enough about them. Shes a big girl and needs a stable one she can get out of without turning it over. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Hobie Pro Angler is about as stable as it gets, but it's a pedal drive which she may or may not like. I've had one for several years and I don't know how you could possibly tip it over.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a pro angler 14. It is indeed stable. It is also very heavy - around 120lbs. I can load/unload it in my truck bed without help, but it is a bit of a chore.

Hobie's Outback is a good boat and considerably less expensive and lighter.

If you aren't into pedal yaks, Wilderness Systems and others have some good models. Quite stable compared to when I started.

Dealers around here in the FL panhandle used to have trial days where you can try out different boats. I don't know if that had continued or if it is practiced everywhere. There could be a club that whose members could have recommendations as well.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts