Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a nearshore report than offshore. We took our new boat out today after getting a late start (we had to take an early am trip to walmart to get the rest of our uscg stuff). We could not find any bait in the waterway or Destin pass, so we went to our standby bait honey hole. I filled up the livewell with some pretty hardtails... then the boat started peeing a lot.. we were like "why are we taking on water?" Scott removed a lid to find a steady stream of water pouring in around the transducer wire. Some idiot at the marine dealership did not seal it up when they installed it. I should not have to worry about these things, ya know?! Anyway, we decided that since it was later than what he hoped and the boat had a leak, we'd just go out 10 miles to one of our lucky spots and fish and call it an early day. We were on our way there when the water starts turning from a blue to orange. Yep, red tide was all over the place.... dead snapper were floating all on the top of the water... We thought about using our baits inshore for drum and whatnot, but I looked around and the livewell had filled up with that orange water and killed the bait. We diddly-farted around the wreck thereand decided to just come on in home.

Maybe Friday I will have a better report!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Glad you finally got to get out on the new boat eventhough the red tide nor the boat cooperated. The Red Tide must be terrible. Best of luck, Friday.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Amanda sorry you'll didn't have a better day of fishing.I guess we didn't miss much with our trip getting canceled for today. We're goingto try it Sat & Sun. Maybe Red Tide will have gotten a little better with this cold front moving in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts