Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl01_lblFullMessage>This is aninformal King Mackerel Only kayak fishing tournament atNavarre Beach this Sat. Cost is$10 per person and winner takes all for the largestKing Mackerel in length. (If 30 people commit on this post by Thursday at midnightwe will do a 50-30-20 split, otherwise the winner will get the pot.) This is an atyour own riskget-together.

Check-in time is 5:30am-6am and weigh-in is at11am sharp at the Navarre Beach Pier. <span id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl11_lblFullMessage>Brandon Denney of Emerald Bay Kayak Charter will be there to assist me. Some may want to launch at the east end of the parking lot if there ends up being a lot of us. <span id=ctl00_ctlContentPlaceHolder_ctl00_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater_ctl15_lblFullMessage>You may launch after you check in which begins at 5:30am, however, I plan to head out myself around 6am, so don't miss the check-in time!
Please note the weigh-in time moved up an hour if you were one of the 21 people who attended the last event:

<a href="http://orangebeachfishingforum.com/Topic566426.aspx"><a href="http://orangebeachfishingforum.com/Topic566426.aspx">http://orangebeachfishingforum.com/Topic566426.aspx</a></a>

Weather looks good and surf and seas look flat at this point in time. Who is in?

Kreg

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll be there, just talked to Ernie and he said he's in...so he may actually get to fish in the kayak again.

Is the format longest single king or aggregate length of two kings?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is the longest single king.So, at least2 of the 4 past winners will be there if Ernie shows up from Panama City Beach. Who will be the "King-O-Kings"???

This is the last weekend that we kayakers will be able to fish around the pier pilings at Navarre Beach! The pier is still supposed to open on Sat. June 5th last I heard. (I actually had an annual pier pass when Ivandestroyed it in 2004.)

Who else is in?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does not look like we are going to get 30 or more people, so I will just go ahead and leave it as winner takes all on the money. If we can get some more takers, I will have some kind of prizes for 2nd and 3rd place.

Great surf height, little chance for rain in the morning, great fishing right now in Navarre, last weekend for the King Mack KBF tournament, pier DOES open June 5th. Who else plans to be there?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well the kings were MIA today... nobody caught one. Undersized Cobia & sharks were all I caught. Did loose a 25 Cobia, then had another bait out try to work it and a shark pounced on it... Congrats to Doc on his Mahi, so he ended up winning $150 I think!

The Gulf was like a pond...

My giant Cobia...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, I am not feeling so bad.... His was my first time out and I ended up with a Shark, Bonita, and some blue fish. I did have a Remora follwing me the whole day. While I was out there, I noticed a shallow spot that had a bunch of weeds on it about 400yards ssw of the Pier. DO anything ever live there to dive on? hanks Kreg for putting on the show. COngrats DOC..

CHris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts