Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just ain't here. Yall seem to be catching them in Destin, Pensacola, Perdido, Orange Beach, Gulf shores and probably a few more, but I'm just not.
Don't know if I'm just snake bit this year or if they are literally not in the Navarre waters, but I've caught exactly 2 since Feb, and not from lack of trying. I've tried almost every bait, tried different leaders, tried different places, different times of day, but never had trouble like this.
Is it just me?

·
Registered
364 Posts
They just ain't here. Yall seem to be catching them in Destin, Pensacola, Perdido, Orange Beach, Gulf shores and probably a few more, but I'm just not.
Don't know if I'm just snake bit this year or if they are literally not in the Navarre waters, but I've caught exactly 2 since Feb, and not from lack of trying. I've tried almost every bait, tried different leaders, tried different places, different times of day, but never had trouble like this.
Is it just me?
It's not you. Last week we fished alongside several other groups, spaced 100m apart, and NOBODY CAUGHT ANYTHING -- NOTHING. The water was clear, too clear, and the surf was low. Just not right conditions yet. And the water is too cold yet. Maybe next week!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pensacola beach is 30 minutes down the road, great Pompano fishing reports for a month straight. Why stay in Navarre and come up empty, get up 30 minutes earlier and fish somewhere different. Then post photos! good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have caught a limit or close to a limit every time I go to Navarre and have since the beginning of April. Really have to fins the deep troughs and pick your spots. They are there. Also caught a 40 pound black drum in the surf yesterday. See a past thread by GROUPERKING regarding surf fishing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts