Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Navarre Pier

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spearfisher 
#1 ·
Took the class out to Navarre Pier today for their first certification dives. Knot a Yacht tagged along to try out some new gear. The wind was out of the east, and the surf was waist high. By 9:00am the east wind swung out of the southeast, and the surf started to pick up. The visibility was nice for a beach dive at 20-30ft, and the water temp was mid 60's. by the end of the day the surfers outnumbered the divers which is never a good sign, so we called it until tomorrow. Heading to the springs for a nice easy surf free dive day.

#5 ·
Yep, had to try out the new BC and computer. Everything worked like a charm. Viz was decent when we got there and just went down hill by the time we were coming up. The waves kicked my a$$ in the break zone coming in. Saw schools of blue fish everywhere.

Thanks again for taking the tanks back for me Rich. It saved me an hour of driving time.

#7 ·
Knot a Yacht (12/1/2007)Yep, had to try out the new BC and computer. Everything worked like a charm. Viz was decent when we got there and just went down hill by the time we were coming up. The waves kicked my a$$ in the break zone coming in. Saw schools of blue fish everywhere.

Thanks again for taking the tanks back for me Rich. It saved me an hour of driving time.
No problem man, any time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.