Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I will be in Navarre sometime between August 10th and the 17th. I am wanting to do some nearshore duster rig trolling for kings and Spanish, as well as getting out early in the AM or later in the evening one day for trout and reds inshore. How is the bite typically going that part of August? Are the kings and spanish still around for the most part then? Anyone who may want to meet up and go out feel free to PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
for trout and reds early is key, be on the water at sunup ready to fish, its basically over by 9AM. There is another feeding period right before sunset, and lots of people fish at night under dock lights or at 3 mile bridge.
I dont think the mackerel bite is as dependent on early mornings. The kings and spanish will definitely still be around and should be thick by then

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know, thanks Salt Lines! It's looking like I'm going to be in town super early on August 15th and will be there until the evening of the 17th. If anyone wants to meet up please feel free!!! Just send me a PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts