Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall - really good news! First the Navarre Formation current status.

Over the last few months the discussions and project have hit a few snags, mostly costs. One of the decisions, based on the constraint of fewer overall reefs then planned, was how to best aggregate the reduction with the least overall negative consequence.

To that end it was decided to remove Reef Patches 13 and 14 from current deployment plan, reducing the reef patches from 29 to 27 rather then reduce the structures in each of the 29 reef patches. Reef patches 13 and 14 can be filled in at a later time with any reefing material, and that is the way forward for those two patches currently removed.

Now the exciting update: I've attached the current, (tentative) based on manufacturing and weather, deployment events planned for the Navarre Formation. We'll be updating the patches that the reefs will be going to in each deployment - individual gps's most likely will not be given until Post Deployment, as planned and actual will vary somewhat.

I hope to be getting some video over the next number of weeks both above and below the surface and post here. Tight lines.

Best Regards,
Stressless

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,272 Posts
Heard about it on the news last night... Gonna be a great project to make diving/fishing a lot better...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Great News! 2'nd load of reefs were successfully deployed today. This load-out was 12 Super Reefs, 10 more to go in subsequent deployments. Navarre's Super Reefs are 15ft tall with a fairly large hole in the top per FWC. Inside is a fish haven platter system -which is much like the platters in the snorkeling reefs and on top the grouper grotto. Pics in a bit. - - this is important as we try and increase the "reef Sq Ft" / sand sq ft and build up a food base for the reef fish. We'll see if this is enough relief for AJ's, Almaco and other relief sensitive fish.

Best Regards!
Stressless

Attachments

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're about halfway thru the deployment, I plan to dive (kayak) the super reefs by xmas will be looking for a bubble watcher (kayak) for them prolly get three - four per day, 22 so a number of days/ dives.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
We're about halfway thru the deployment, I plan to dive (kayak) the super reefs by xmas will be looking for a bubble watcher (kayak) for them prolly get three - four per day, 22 so a number of days/ dives.
I know I will be very interested in you reporting back to us after your dives, please take pics!

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
... and done.

https://youtu.be/nvWAFztU-Bo

...the entire deployment is complete, I talked with Keith Mille FWC. We're working on the coordinates and will post them to Navarre Marine Park website or another that works. Posting the same #'s the FWC will for Santa Rosa County.
They finished it pretty quick!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep...

Deployment Dates:
August 13, 2018 - 20 ledge and disk and 39 small tetrahedron units
September 8, 2018 - 12 large tetrahedron units
September 21, 2018 - 10 large tetrahedron and 6 ledge and disk units
October 5, 2018 - 30 ledge and disk units
October 30, 2018 - 20 ledge and disk and 24 small tetrahedron units