Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wen't out today to catch some mangroves and flounder, caught some mangroves but only 2 keepers. Also caught a keeper flounder along with the mangroves. Knocker rigs with 20lb mono leader gets the job done for the flounder. You can also find some big trout there along with black drum right know, caught a 5lb trout about a week ago. Lots of good fish out there right know great time to go if the weather cooperates. If your up for it there are also some nice sheepies to be caught. Tight lines everybody!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice...being land locked doesnt mean you cant catch a wide variety, its all about what you know and failing over and over until you figure things out. Looks like you got it under control. LIkES

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good job!!! Live Shrimp?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love going there I caught 2 amberjacks 3 sharks and crazy amount of spanish macks on sun and seen one guy pull in a sweet jack carvel so a variety of fish to be caught out there indeed

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I love going there I caught 2 amberjacks 3 sharks and crazy amount of spanish macks on sun and seen one guy pull in a sweet jack carvel so a variety of fish to be caught out there indeed
You got pics of the AJs?! Ive never heard of them being in the sound.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry I don't i grilled them the next day lol if I catch any this weekend I will post pic but there are a lot of different fish out on that pier I have even seen tarpons it there

·
Registered
232 Posts
I go too both if one not hitting I go to other then back usually stay all day out there but yea it was me and my buddy out there and I gave him the other one we were supposed as well when I caught them maybe they were lost lol but I will defiantly post a pic if I catch it this sat or sun

1 - 20 of 25 Posts